Can I have several Member Areas?
No. For security reasons, you can only have one Member Area on HiPay Wallet. On the other hand, you can open several Sub-Accounts without additional cost.
What is the difference between a Member Area and a Main Account?
When you register, a Member Area is automatically created. It has a Member Area number (MAId no.) which you can use when dealing with customer support. For each Member Area there is a main account which has an account number (Cid no.).
From the Member Area, you can create accounts other than your main account: these are known as Sub-Accounts. Each new account has its own Cid number and you can allocate different login details from those of the Main Account.
How do I change the information on my account?
For reasons of security, you cannot change Personal nor Business information directly on the site; instead, you must e-mail details of changes using the contact form. You can however change the information given in your subaccounts whenever you want, via your main account. Simply select the subaccount you want to change, and then go to “personal details” followed by “General information” where you make the desired changes.
How can I switch to a business account in order to make withdrawals in my company's name?
Contact our Sales Department for a complete list of items to submit to change your status.
After verification, our Sales Department will register your account as « Business». You will receive a confirmation e-mail about your new status, and your withdrawal requests will be authorized.
Once registered as a Business User, you can avail of all the advantages associated with your new status.
What is an "UNIDENTIFIED" or "IDENTIFIED" account or Member Area?
An Unidentified account is an account which we have not yet checked and confirmed the identification details entered when signing up. The balance of an unidentified account cannot exceed €150.
Any transaction which, if completed, would exceed this maximum balance, will be refused by our system.
For an account to the registered as «Identified» by our Verification Department, you must send us the legal and administrative documents we need to positively establish your identity (i.e. the information you entered when you first signed up).
In keeping with our General Conditions of Use, you must inform us of any changes to your personal data, and submit suitable items of written proof.
Please send your documents or questions by e-mail at the following address : [email protected]
You are a personal user :
- A copy of a valid document of identification: identity card or passport.
- Your bank account number
- Copy of a utilities bill (water, gas, electricity, etc.) positively establishing where the person lives. All documents must be less than 3 months old.
You are a business user :
- A copy of the company's by-laws (Including the proxies).
- Your company numbers (RC/BCE/RPM), your VAT number.
- Your bank account number
- A copy of a document of identification for the legal representative.
Can I delete a Sub-Account?
No, for security and accounting reasons you can only "suspend" (and/or reactivate) a Sub-Account.
Can I close my Member Area?
Yes if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- the balances of all accounts belonging to you Member Area are 0. To do this, please use up any remaining balance before making your closure request.
- if no transfer or payment is pending.
How do I add funds to/top-up my HiPay Wallet account?
4 payment modes are available
- payment card
- direct debit charged to a bank account
- your ISP (Internet Service Provider) (available soon)
- pre-paid card (coming soon)
NB if you want to credit your account using a payment card, you must first register at least one payment card for your HiPay Wallet account (go to the «Payment Card« rubric).
I want to reload my account; a message tells me I have to register a payment card… what should I do?
Go to Regular Operations, and then " Payment Cards" and enter the requested information. If you have several HiPay Wallet accounts, you can set the account for which this card should be considered a means of adding funds.
Once the card has been registered, you can credit your account.
Are there fees when I refill my account?
No there are no fees for refill your account using a payment card. It is free of charge.
The exception is when the currency of the payment card used to fund the account differs from that of the HiPay Wallet account. In this case, currency exchange fees may be applied by your bank. To avoid these costs, please check that the currency of your card and that of your HiPay Wallet account are the same before registering your payment card on the latter.
What is the maximum amount per top-up per account (adding funds)?
Maximum amount per transaction: 750 €.
Make sure you do not exceed the maximum balance of your account:
- Unidentified account => monthly balance limited to 150 €.
- Identified account => monthly balance limited to 2500 €.
Is there a maximum top-up amount per Member Area?
Yes; same as above.
What happens if the transfer recipient does not have a HiPay Wallet account?
In this case, the recipient will receive an e-mail informing him that an incoming transfer is pending. This e-mail will contain a link where he can sign up, open an account, and accept the transfer.
How long can a transfer take to be accepted?
Recipients must accept transfers within 7 days; following this time, your account will be re-credited for the transferred amount.
What happens if the recipient rejects the transfer?
Your account has been re-credited for the transferred amount.
How long does it take for a transfer to reach a HiPay Wallet account?
The only delay is the acceptance by the beneficiary of your transfer request. The transfer itself is instantaneous.
Can I cancel a transfer that I've already sent?
No. Once a transfer has been issued, you cannot cancel it from your HiPay Wallet account.
What fees are charged for a transfer to an account belonging to another HiPay wallet Member Area?
You will be charged a 1% commission per transaction, limited to a maximum of € 0.50 per transaction.
If your recipient has an account in a currency different from the transfer's, he will be responsible for any currency exchange fees. See exchange rates.
Can I make transfers between the different accounts in my Member Area?
Yes, you can transfer funds between your various accounts.
No fees are charged for these internal transfers, except for transfers between two accounts with a different currency.
When someone wants to send me money, what should they do?
If he does not yet have a HiPay Wallet account, ask him to open one. Next, give him the e-mail address or number of your HiPay Wallet account. Once the transfer has been scheduled in his account, you will receive an acceptance request in your account and an e-mail alert. As soon as the transfer is accepted, it will be directly and immediately credited to your HiPay Wallet account.
I am going to receive some money; will I have any fees to pay?
No you don't pay any fees! The person issuing the transfer pays the fees for the transaction.
If the currency of the transfer is not the same as that of your HiPay Wallet account, the currency exchange will be carried out automatically. See exchange rates.
How can I receive money when I don't have a HiPay Wallet account?
You have to open a HiPay Wallet account to be able to accept the transfer request sent to you by e-mail.
Ask the sender to send you a transfer request via his HiPay Wallet account; once you have received the e-mail, click the link in the e-mail to sign up to HiPay wallet. As soon as the account has been created, all you have to do is accept a transfer request by going to your "Manage Transfers" rubric.
Be careful to use the same e-mail address for registration as that to which the e-mail was sent.
Do I have to accept a transfer? Are there fees if I refuse?
No you don't have to accept a transfer and no fees will be taken from you if decide not to.
Which currencies do you accept?
Swedish Krona, American Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Euro, Swiss Franc and Pound Sterling.
See exchange rates
Can I change the currency of my Main Account?
No, for security and accounting reasons, it is not possible to change the currency of your main account. However, you can create as many Sub-Accounts as currencies available on HiPay Wallet.
What fees are charged for a transfer to another Member Area?
You will be charged a 1% commission per transaction, limited to a maximum of € 0.50 per transaction.
If your recipient has an account in a currency different from the transfer's, he will be charged currency exchange fees.
How do I save or modify my bank account number or IBAN number?
Go to Account Management, then "Withdrawal>Enter your bank details" or "Personal details>Bank details". Once your banking information has been registered or changed, our verification department will check it and send you an e-mail confirming the activation of your "Withdrawal request" option.
Remember to notify us by e-mail so that we can update any change to your bank account number (IBAN), otherwise the transfer will be rejected by the bank.
How long does it take for a transfer to reach my bank account?
Your request will be processed within 3 working days. Once verified by our teams, transfers can take between 2 and 7 days.
What is the minimum amount I can request per withdrawal?
Minimum amount for a demande is 10 &euro. to cover transaction costs.
How many withdrawals can I make, and over what period of time?
You can make a maximum of 1 withdrawal during a 7-day period.
In which currency will my bank account be credited during my withdrawals?
Your withdrawal requests will be paid to your bank account in the currency of your Main Account;
If my bank account is not in the same currency as my HiPay Wallet account, are there additional fees?
HiPay Wallet does not charge any additional costs in this case. However, your banking establishment may charge you currency exchange fees. We strongly recommend you determine this beforehand.
I did not receive an e-mail confirming that my account has been opened.
1. Have you checked your e-mail application to see whether your registration confirmation e-mail is in another folder?
2. If you still can't find it, please ask Customer Support to send your e-mail again, giving your personal details (last name, first name, zip address) along with the date and time when you registered with us.
Please send this request using the same e-mail address as the one used for registration.
I am not receiving some transfers, payments or affiliation transactions
1. In most cases, if an operation encounters a problem, you should see an error code displayed and/or receive a warning e-mail. Please contact customer support to ask them for more details concerning this incident.
Remember to give as many details about the problem as you can.
2. Have you identified your HiPay Wallet account with our Verification department? If you are not identified within HiPay Wallet, your balance is limited to € 150 and any transactions which risk exceeding this limit have been rejected.
If this is the case, you should have received a warning e-mail. Please go through the identification procedure with our Verification department.
I received an e-mail telling me that my account has been blocked; what should I do?
Please contact our Customer Support.
What restrictions are associated with content sold with HiPay Wallet?
After your HiPay Wallet account is created, you agree not to make visual items or content publicly available on pages invoiced by the HiPay wallet system or to deliver products that: (GCU - SPECIFIC CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE USE OF MERCHANT MANAGEMENT: Section 4.4.3 Prohibited content)
- breach public order or decency
- are of an offensive, defamatory, racist, xenophobic, homophobic or revisionist nature or that damage the honor or reputation of others
- incite the discrimination of or hatred for a person or group of persons based on their origin, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership of a given ethnic group, nation, race or religion
- threaten a person or group of persons
- any content that damages or attacks a human being or their integrity
- incite the commitment of an offence, crime or act of terrorism or justify war crimes or crimes against humanity
- incite suicide
- enable third parties to directly or indirectly obtain pirated software, software serial numbers, software enabling acts of piracy and intrusion into computer and telecommunications systems, viruses and other logic bombs and, in general, any software or other type of tool that THE MERCHANT does not have the right to distribute
- undermine the rights of others and the security of persons and goods
- violate the private nature of correspondence
- are confidential on account of a legislative measure or other legal document (in particular, internal or privileged information that constitutes insider trading or breaches professional secrecy)